Monday, August 4, 2008

REUNION!!!!

I have had the priveledge this summer of working with some dear friends to plan a Goldeniare (swing choir) Reunion. What a blast!! Our reunion covered a 7 year span of Goldenaires (1979-1987) and it was a great opportunity to meet up with alot of wonderful friends from the past and remember the great time and friendships we really had.

Check out this You Tube link to see what we did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wegALYi7g74

This is footage from the ultimate of all swing choir contests at the time...it was an honor just to get selected to compete. We were selected to perform in the evening show (top 6) and it was recorded and later shown on PBS. Unfortunately, they only did 2 of our songs...my favorite was "Brother Love" and the tambourines which is not shown here....and yes...my knees are bent on that cartwheel...dang it!

On Friday (7/18) the committee spent the evening setting up! The evening ended up in a little "jam session". We all still love to make music! Saturday, we had some final things to take care of and then it was time for the party to begin. I couldn't believe how happy I really was to see everyone...even the old boyfriends! lol
I realized, that most of us really hadn't changed that much and that the bonds we created so long ago still kept us connected. It really was a great time in my life and I had so many opportunities to learn and grow as a result of being in Goldenaires.



Cama and Ronda. Cama was my Senior Florida Trip buddy and Cama and Ronda and their dates went to senior prom with me and my date!

These girls (Dawn and Cheri) were 2 of my best friends in high school. We have tons of stories about each other. It's so cool....now we are all happily married and raising families! I haven't seen either of them for a few years and it was as if no time had passed when we got to see each other again. Dawn and I have the same silly sense of humor and laughed all night!

Cheri and her hubby Keith! I will not disclose here what they were laughing so hard about! lol

The Fab Four! Bill, Phil, Jill and Christa...The 4 of us had tons of fun times together! Christa has been a dear friend since 6th grade and we have shared everything together. It was fun to hook up with our side-kicks :) and laugh just like we used to!

I don't know how I got through the night without a picture of me with my dear hubby. He is wonderful for putting up with all of the silliness he had to endure that night (along with the old boyfriends!) :)

1 comment:

The Story of Life said...

Jill,
It's fun to hear from you again! It has been a long time. Your kids are all looking old! My kids talk about Indiana all the time. They want to go back and visit sometime. They have so many great memories of living there. You look good and I hope you are all doing well.