Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fun at Kentucky Kingdom!!!


A couple of weeks ago (July 17th), my best friend Jeanie and I loaded up and took the kids to Kentucky Kingdom for the day. We abandoned or mini-vans and took our husbands smaller cars to save on gas and headed out. Jeanie had decided that I could take the younger kids (Glen, Emma and Josh), and she would drive the older ones (Joel, Vincent and Jacob). She really thought she would have it easier and the older boys were wild all the way down there. The little kids didn't make a peep! Glen read Harry Potter and listened to his new I-pod touch, and Josh and Emma sat in the back and watched a movie. I jammed to 107.9 until I lost reception and then popped in an ABBA cd. It was great! Up to that point, I had been on a mission to never pay over $4 for gas. I had made it so far (nobody thought I'd make it that long), and my van's tank was full, but I hopped in to 1/4 tank in Rich's car, so the search was on. I kept driving and driving knowing that I would find cheap gas. Well, finally dead on empty and far from home I had to give in. I pushed it all the way to Seymour before I pulled off and filled up...It just about killed me....However, I do believe, if we had not taken this trip, I might still be on my mission since gas prices have dropped a little. While we were filling up the tank, Emma had a massive nose bleed. She was freaking out! Finally we got it under control and were on our way.

It was a great day at the park! It was very warm and the sun was shining, but the park really wasn't that busy. We love it that way! We all rode a couple of rides together. Jeanie took the "Breakdance" and I took the Road Runner Express! It was a blast, but I can feel that my body is getter older and stiffer. The boys all took off to the bumper cars (their favorite) and Jeanie and I took Emma to the Kiddie rides. She rode every kiddie ride in about 1/2 hour. It was a ghost town.

We then took her to ride the old cars, met up with the boys for a quick picnic and headed to the waterpark. Now, I could hang out there everyday! Emma was a hoot. She started out playing on "Buccaneer Beach" and that was it! She stayed there for 4 hours! She kept making new little friends to run around with. While we were there, we crossed paths with the Hamners which gave Emma some of her favorite people to play with! In the mean time, the boys did water slides and the water coaster and then headed out for the real rollercoasters. I missed riding with them, but I wanted to keep Emma entertained. I did finally talk her into the lazy river which is one of my favorites. It was a nice way to relax and get ready for the drive home. Our final ride was the one Emma had been waiting on all day....what she calls the "Giant Steering Wheel"!
We headed out and made a dinner stop at our usual spot...Fazolis...and then headed home. It was a great day! I love my kids so much and love spending time with them! They make me laugh alot!

No comments: