Monday, August 11, 2008

Glen's Eggscellent Eggplant!

Glen grew a gorgeous eggplant in his garden this year. Since none of us had ever had eggplant, I decided we had to give it a try. I also couldn't waste Glen's beautiful veggie. I still don't know why he chose to grow it. He said because nobody else planted one! We searched through my cookbooks and Glen decided on Eggplant Parmigiana.
First he cleaned and sliced it into 1/2 inch slices.
Then he coated the slices with egg and flour.
Then he fried them...so much for a healthy veggie!
They were then layered with parmesan cheese, spaghetti sauce and mozarella cheese...ready for the oven!
The finished dish! Next it was time for everyone to try it! If you know us well, you know we are all very picky eaters, so this created some anxiety! :) Can you tell by the pictures if we liked it?



I think the pictures tell it all. Noone was too excited about it and I felt a little bad wasting so much of it, but it was a fun experience! We didn't get a picture of Dad, but he actually ate his entire slice! He claims it really doesn't have much flavor....I have to agree, but it's to mushy for me!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Boy, Aunt Jamima, you sure can hide a perfectly good vegetable. Next time, try it without all the added stuff. You may like it better. I hope Glen is still in the mood to garden after Dan and I move there. I will sure need his help.