Thursday, August 28, 2008

If only you could have seen it!

I wish I had a video of this event...I'm sure it would get tons of hits on YouTube! Anyway, we had some car trouble yesterday and are short one car. Sooo, that means I had to get up at 3:50 AM to take my dear hubby to work so that Joel could have a car for seminary, school and work. Well, today is trash day in our neighborhood and we had tons of trash this week because we cleaned out our garage. Anyway, when I got back home at about 4:45 AM I noticed that one of the trash cans were knocked over and trash was laying everywhere. As I was pulling into the driveway I saw a gigantic racoon gorging himself on our trash! It mad me so mad! I starting chasing it through my yard. Yes, I was still in the car....driving like a maniac through my front yard. I noticed a few cars driving by and I can only imagine what they were thinking. The racoon was not remotely afraid of me. I had to keep charging at it until I almost ran over it to spook it. Finally he ran to the back yard and I pulled my evil self together and parked the car in the driveway and went into my house like a normal person!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

I think you are losing it! Good thing we haven't had any rain lately.

The Story of Life said...

That sounds like something I would do! Maybe you taught it a good lesson! Funny story!

Jami said...

That is too funny! I would've loved to see that!

Judy said...

reYou really are a "Hollenbaugh". At least your dad was classy enough to get his gun and a ladder and go out and shoot them in the trash can. I'm sure you were too scared to get out of the car. Anyway, thanks for a good laugh.

Mom

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

Gosh, i sure would have loved to have been driving by for that site! You're so funny!