Wednesday, March 19, 2008

1,2,3, HIT IT!

FHE was fun Monday. No matter how hard we try, we can't ever have a serious moment without hysterical laughter for some reason. It all started tonight when Emma was the song leader. She ran to the piano to get Glen's conducting stick and got in position and said "1,2,3,Hit it!

She then began leading us in I am a Child of God. We were all rolling in the floor laughing. Vince started by teaching Emma about Easter with a cute little book he made from the Friend Magazine. Since Sunday was our family's first rehearsal with the ward choir (and my boys weren't happy about it), Rich and I had decided to have a Music theme for FHE. Glen did research on the history of LDS Hymns and shared that with us along with the First Presidency Message in the front of the Hymnbook.

Then Joel shared information that he had found about listening to appropriate music. His summary was quite amazing to me...He said that when we listen to inappropriate music, we are misusing the purpose for which the Lord intended it. Now, that's food for thought. Do we really realize that music is a gift from God with a purpose? I know that, but do I really think about it?
Vince then had us take turns reading quotes on music from church leaders. Rich shared thoughts about the importance of music in our church meetings. I bore my testimony about the power of music to teach and inspire and then we went into the Living Room for a little rehearsal so that everyone would be better prepared for choir practice this week. It started out rough, but after a few minutes, I actually think everyone was getting into it. I loved hearing my boys harmonizing with each other. I have to admit...we had to ask Dad to quiet down just a little. He is an enthusiastic singer....

1 comment:

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

Wow, a family of singers, sounds like fun! I'm assuming that we're going to get to hear you all sing...soon?! :) I wish our FHEs were as productive!