Thursday, August 26, 2010

13 Days!


I can't believe it, but we only have 13 days to go until we send Joel off for two years! It's so exciting and sad at the same time. It's been so much fun to watch him learn and grow so much the past couple of years. It also fills my heart with joy to know of his love for the Savior and the gospel and his excitement in spending the next two years of his life sharing it. It's a little sad on the other hand to think about not hearing him strumming his guitar, not spending holidays and family events with him, knowing that he and Vince most likely will not be together for four years, the withdrawal that Emma will go through without him, etc. However, I can't think of anything else I would rather have him doing with his time, money and energy! I'm so grateful that the Lord entrusted him to Rich and I. I hope that we have loved him and taught him in a way pleasing to the Lord! I'm so proud of him and can't wait to read about all of the great adventures he is about to encounter!

3 comments:

The Story of Life said...

Wow! Sending a missionary out has to be hard. Good thing you know that he is going out to do something worthwhile and good. Hope all goes well with the big send off!

Angela said...

I can't wait to see how richly you guys are going to be blessed while he's serving!

Jill Sorhus said...

Wow! How did he get that old already? Where is he serving? You've probably taken him to the MTC by now. I hope it all went well! I'm sure it is a bitter sweet time, but congrats on raising such a strong boy who wants to serve the Lord!